Here are my top 10 recommendations for things to do in New York...
1. The Edge - The Edge is the highest outdoor sky deck in the Western Hemisphere and has recently reopened to tourists after being closed due to COVID. The Edge gives you a unique view of the city that no other building offers - suspended mid-air and offering 360º views of the city - $38.
2. Empire State Building - not just well-known for its part in the JAY-Z and Alicia Keys song, this building is the postcard image of the city - main deck = $44 & top deck = $77.
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art - otherwise known as The Met, this is the largest art museum in the Western Hemisphere with over two million works from 5000 years - $25.
4. American Museum of Natural History - this museum is the world’s largest natural history museum with the entire museum spanning four city blocks with 25 interconnected buildings - $23.
5. SPYSCAPE Spy Museum - features world-class galleries of spy gadgets and stories, plus fun immersive spy challenges. Spot liars, break codes, and dodge lasers to reveal your spy role with interactive challenges - $59.
6. Statue of Liberty - this monument, symbolising freedom and hope, is one of the most popular attractions in NYC and a must-visit - $23.50.
7. Rockefeller Centre - there's so much to explore at the Rockefeller Centre including the Top of the Rock where you can get 360º views of the city - $40.
8. Central Park - NYC's iconic 843-acre park is located between the Upper West and Upper East Sides of Manhattan. It is the most visited urban park in the United States - FREE.
9. Brooklyn Bridge - this bridge connects Manhattan to Brooklyn and is one of NYC's tourist hotspots due to the incredible views of the NYC skyline from it. The bridge attracts people from all around the world - especially Instagram lovers! - FREE.
10. The High Line - is a public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan's West Side. It's the perfect place to go to take some time away from the busy streets of NYC - FREE.