Updated: Mar 8, 2022
Iceland has been on my bucket list for such a long time and after my trip in January 2022, it's safe to say that it did not disappoint...
Below is a list of my top 10 recommendations for things to do in Iceland:
1. Kerid Crater - the Kerid Crater is a volcanic crater located in Southern Iceland along the Golden Circle. My top tip - make sure to wear walking shoes with good grip as it can get very slippery during the winter!
2. Gullfoss Waterfall - Gullfoss is one of the most iconic and popular waterfalls in Iceland which is also located along the famous Golden Circle. I'd recommend visiting during the winter time to see the waterfall covered in snow and partly frozen (iy makes for an incredible photo!)
3. Geysir - another famous pitstop along the Golden Circle, the Geysir is one of Iceland's more unique tourist attractions. The hot spring spouts water 30m into the air every couple of minutes (you've got to focus otherwise you'll miss it!)
4. Thingvellir National Park 'The walk between two continents' - this national park is also located on the Golden Circle and is the point in Iceland where you can 'walk across two continents' - the Eurasian tectonic plate and the North American tectonic plate!
5. Skógafoss - Skógafoss is one of Iceland's biggest and most beautiful waterfalls with a width of 25 metres (82 feet) and a drop of 60 metres (197 feet).
6. Sólheimajökull - this glacier is on the icecap of Mýrdalsjökull on the South Coast of Iceland. It is one of the most easily accessible glaciers to reach from Reykjavík, just 158 kilometres (98 miles) away.
7. Reynisfjara - is a world-famous black-sand beach found on the South Coast of Iceland, just beside the small fishing village of Vík. It's a fantastic photo opportunity for those Instagram lovers!
8. Blue Lagoon - is a geothermal spa in southwestern Iceland and is one of if not the most well-known tourist attraction in Iceland! The Blue Lagoon is certainly a 'must visit' when in Iceland.
9. Reykjavik Food Walk - see the landmarks of Reykjavik whilst visiting 5-6 local restaurants in the capital! You get to try lots of local Icelandic dishes and beverages. Use the code 'fun' for a discount!
10. Fagradalsfjall volcano - this volcano recently erupted and continues to be one of the most popular attractions to visit in Iceland.
Check out my Iceland travel series on my YouTube channel here ⤵️