How To Make Friends In New York
Making friends whilst travelling is one of my favourite parts of travelling! Here are my top 5 tips for making friends in New York...
1. Stay in hostels - hostels are the BEST places to make friends with people from all around the world. Everyone is in the same boat and eager to meet people so take advantage of the environment you're in and chat to as many people as possible.
2. Join Facebook groups - Facebook groups are a great way to make friends! There will be many ex-pat or travel Facebook groups to help people meet one another and organise meet-ups!
3. Join a local sports team - if you enjoy sport then this can be one of the best ways to make friends! Baseball, basketball, soccer - there will be so many opportunities.
4. Speak to people - never underestimate the power of just speaking to people. Whether that be at your bar or restaurant - start a conversation with someone you don’t know!
5. Free walking tours and activities - getting involved in activities that involve lots of people from around the world is one of the best ways to make friends in New York, especially with how friendly a city it is!